TKM Parents and Students,
We hope you are enjoying the last days of August. We are excited to let you know that we can finally open under NYS guidelines.
We have been working this month on preparing our studio for opening. And will be opening on Tuesday September 8th. Given the current situation, return to training will look different as to what we have been used to over the years. Below is a summary of prevention measures that TKM is putting in place to best help our students train in a safe environment with regards to COVID-19.
Guidance for Gyms and Fitness Centers was released on 8/17 and can be found by clicking the link - à: Guidance for Gyms
Below is a summary of prevention measures that TKM is putting in place to best help our students train in a safe environment with regards to COVID-19.
- There will be a COVID-19 waiver that will need to be electronically filled out and signed prior to each class on the day of the class – LINK: TKM COVID-19 Form
- Students should be dropped off on the sidewalk and will enter the studio wearing a mask through the main door
- The student will go through our touchless temp check to verify normal temperature and will then sanitize their hands
- Students will put their equipment in a single cubby
- The mat will have clear marking for students on where to stand and their training area to maintain social distancing
- TKM Instructors will be wearing masks at all times during the class
- All students will be required to wear a mask while in the studio
- For our water break - All students will be required to bring a water bottle to class – The use of the water fountain will be prohibited
- There will be no use of common wearable equipment such as gloves, shin guards etc. Each student should have their own equipment - We have equipment on hand for purchase
- When class is over students will use a separate exit to leave the studio, while wearing a mask
A few notes:
- TKM will be installing a Merv-13 or an approved alternative into our HVAC system inline with NYC requirements for reopening
- TKM is currently preparing for the mandated local health department inspection which per guidelines will occur before or within 2 weeks of opening to ensure compliance
- Class time will be 50 minutes to allow time to disinfect the mat and wipe down common surfaces
- We are limiting our class size to 16 students – to comply with 33% occupancy limit
- As space is limited it is important that you contact us (email/text/phone) to save your spot
- Registration is first come first serve
- When you sign up for a specific day you are committed to that day. Meaning you have reserved your spot for the class. Makeups on another day are not currently possible.
- If you have a credit with us from Spring 2020, it can be applied for our Fall session
- Payment must be made in full to secure your child’s spot in our class
- We ask that all parents be punctual with dropping off and picking up their children so that we can avoid overcrowding the studio
- Our teaching schedule will remain the same – See attached schedule for days and hours
We look forward to getting back on the mat and training with our students whom we haven’t seen in a long time. We eagerly await the time when we can go back to our usual operations. Until then well see you on the mat under slightly different conditions, while making sure we deliver the same high-level training that you are all used to.
For our students who are going back to school good luck in the school year.
-The TKM Team